The Midtown Super Neighborhood a 501(c)(3) organization brings together residents, civic organizations, homeowner associations, institutions, and businesses working to identify, plan, and set priorities to address the needs and concerns of Midtown. Our vision is to create a vibrant, walkable and livable community that is safe and clean for residents, businesses and visitors.
A Super Neighborhood is a geographically-designated area, created by the City of Houston Planning and Development Department, where residents, civic organizations, homeowner associations, institutions and businesses work together to identify, plan, and set priorities to address the needs and concerns of their community. The Super Neighborhood elects a council comprised of area residents and stakeholders that serves as a forum to discuss issues and identify and implement priority projects for the area.
1. Recognition by City of Houston and a stronger, more united voice
2. Connect Midtown citizens with common issues and interests so we can share knowledge and resources, working towards solutions (ex: flooding, crime, homeless)
3. One-on-one interaction with elected City officials at monthly meetings
4. Collaboration with Midtown government (Midtown Management District and Midtown Redevelopment Authority) to identify and resolve community needs and concerns with the City
5. Become a member of the larger group of Super Neighborhoods, known as the Super Neighborhood Alliance (SNA)
Sign up to stay informed on neighborhood updates, events, meetings and more.